What would cause a bow light to over heat? - how to heat a fishing boat
I have a fishing village Seanymph Lowe aluminum boat 175, with a pole, bi-color light with an arch built in courtesy light (to the front to illuminate injection molding). The light heats and trips to move after several minutes. The switch has three types of job: To = navigation lights (bow and stern), mean = Off = Down Anchor light (white background only). Can I anchor and not according to the trip circuit breakers. What should I consider? I opened the light and the connections seem intact. The following link has instructions for the installation of the manufacturer, but the light is already installed when I bought the boat new in a local marina. I accept the base of the lamp and cables are installed at the factory. http://www.perko.com/instruct.php


6 comments:
It is a small place, because of overheating. Could the switch may be in the installation of lighting can be on the path of light. Check the power of the lamp to see if the tension is too high. The problem seems to be the light or in the street. If a wire is down somewhere and have a basic connection is drawn more and more common. Check out the light, then follow the Son.
Check your terminal again. Even if they have corroded them in contact and overheating. Sometimes the base of the lamp / socket will do the same. It is not unusual in a boat.
We know that the anchor light is beautiful, it works. The key is + / - Son of touch, somewhere between the switch and the arc lights, or something light. It may seem strange, but try another lamp in Bow.
It takes a really ohmmeter. Auto Parts and Wal-word, a bit like places like the (needle), measured in ohms Multimeter, AC / DC voltage and amps can be used for about 12 U.S. dollars and are sold will be very useful to sell his car boot.
Can ohms + / - Cable and so short.
Let's try the easy way first replaced by a new lamp.
too much power ... the lamp is too high. were inadvertently connected to 24 volts?
Just my two cents, but it is possible that someone put the wrong bulb in the light?
Post a Comment